2012年1月30日月曜日

What Are The Rules Of Croquet

what are the rules of croquet

Nine Holes Anywhere: The Original Croquet Golf

For those of you who have never heard of Croquet Golf before, let this be your introduction to an activity you can enjoy for many years to come! It's tough to describe it just as a sport because it really is more than that. Croquet Golf adds a great dynamic to parties or family gatherings because of its versatility along with the entertainment value (you'll get a feel for what I mean after seeing the pictures below!)

We are thrilled to share Bill Dugdale's new business venture, Nine Holes Anywhere with our readers! Bill's website just went live today and it looks great! It gives the reader a perspective of the game of Croquet Golf that is simple and definitive. Here, you can learn the ins & outs of the game and while you're there, order anything from a custom Croquet Golf set designed and manufactured in his Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania shop to a set of croquet golf flag-pins, individually equipped with bottle openers…how convenient! What a great gift for the holidays!


Q & A with Bill Dugdale of Nine Holes Anywhere:

Who started Croquet Golf?
My father and uncle created Croquet Golf in 1969. My uncle Geordie Laird made the first mallets strong enough to handle the full golf swing.


Croquet; rules of the game and official laws, British croquet association
Learn more
British croquet association. [from old catalog]

Since your dad and uncle play croquet golf, I'm assuming you started playing fairly young? I'm sure it was a fun bonding experience learning from them and their cronies.
Unfortunately, my uncle Geordie was killed in a car accident when I was very young, so I never got to play croquet golf with him. I remember him well though and remember watching him with tools and thinking he could make anything. Croquet Golf is and has been a great vehicle for bonding. I remember all the kids following the men around and playing our first rounds. Last spring we had three generations playing in the Founders Tournament at my house. It was such a special day. It definitely hit me then how much other families would love this game if they had the equipment.

Tell me a little about the sport… (e.g. the course, how many per team, a few rules…)
Croquet Golf is more like traditional golf than traditional croquet, but the portability of the sets and durability of the mallets allow you to play in your own yard, in the park, on the beach, etc… AND there are no greens fees. A Nine Holes Anywhere set comes with everything a foursome would need to play 9 holes. I like to set up my courses with all par 3s. A typical hole can be 20-75 yards in length depending on the terrain. I also like to create interesting obstacles like avoiding a fox den or teeing off atop a hay bail. A friend's course recently had a chute that launched the ball toward the pin if hit just right.


Croquet: Its History, Strategy, Rules and Records
Learn more
Charlton


Having watched several Croquet Golf tournaments/rounds, my first observation is that it's all about camaraderie, fun competition, enjoying the outdoors and having a few cocktails. How do you sum up the Croquet Golf experience?

Croquet Golf is a true gentlemens game. It is just challenging enough to keep a competitor interested but also basic enough for men, women, and children to play and have fun. I would sum up Croquet Golf as a classic good time. Nine holes with friends only takes about 45 minutes. I can play during my 1 year olds nap with a monitor on my belt and get a miniature version of the experience I would have taking 5 hours to play 18 holes of golf. It's quality conversation and total entertainment. I love both games but Croquet Golf fits nicely into my life while traditional golf can be harder to carve time for. And it doesn't anger the wife.


When did you come up with idea to start Nine Holes Anywhere?
I have been making Croquet Golf mallets for years now but we didnt get serious until Spring of 2011 after our second son was born. Forty players RSVPd our June tournament and I couldnt make mallets fast enough. Interest in the game hit a tipping point and we decided to do the website. I will always think of Nine Holes Anywhere and Croquet Golf as my hobby but it would be amazing to bring the pure joy of the game to people everywhere.

You've also created a glow-in-the-dark ball for night play. How is that new endeavor going?
This is of course, top-secret.but the prototype glow ball is awesome! My friends and I will be teeing off with the new glow balls every weekend next summer after the kids go to bed. I will be sure to get these manufactured ASAP so everyone can get a set by February or March.

How long does it take to make a Croquet Golf set and what items are in it? What is the price?
I try to design the mallets to be as beautiful as possible and therefore have never timed myself precisely. A Nine Holes Anywhere Croquet Golf set is $750.00 and comes with 4 handmade mallets, 6 balls, 9 patented flag-pins (with bottle openers on top) and instructions all in an embroidered canvas bag. Each set is numbered in the order produced and marked with a brass tag.



What future events will Nine Holes Anywhere be hosting?

I will continue to host the Founders Tournament and my Spring and Fall social tournaments but I am getting requests to help with events elsewhere. I would also like to start hosting charity events soon. I honestly dont know what to expect, but I am certain people love the game. Please check out the website and forward the link to everyone you know! And thanks for your interest Bree!



Cheers!



These are our most popular posts: what are the rules of croquet

Jaques Croquet Sets: Croquet Rules (Official) from Jaques of London

... York Croquet Club and Palm Beach Croquet Club) organized into the United States Croquet Association (USCA) , and adopted a new rule book for an American version of the six-wicket sport called American Rules croquet. read more

Croquet – The normal Backyard Game

by chrissam42 Article by Jeremey Tooker Croquet is a lawn game, played both as a recreational pastime and as a competitive sport. It involves hitting. read more

Croquet Rules

This is very necessary to you just like you purchase a new Croquet Rules (Official) from us and it also will not live up to our pledges, you are not likely to think that you are getting true value for your money. youre more likely to ... read more

Croquet

Franklin Sports Expert 6-Player Croquet Set Full croquet set with everything you need for backyard gameNine tournament-style bent steel wickets and pair of. read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿